Friday, April 02, 2010

Update: Sewing the seeds of love

So here's the finished project:






I worked on it Friday and I probably put 5-6 hrs into it and I finished everything but the coordinating fabric hem. The pattern was pretty easy the fabric is 100% cotton so it took a lot of pressing. I think the next one I might try a cotton blend so as to get more ease in the fabric.

******************************************************
That's the only song I could think of that had the word "sewing" in it, so that's what you get.

Here's the sewing pattern I bought for $1.99 -  I'm going to try and make the simplistic version on the right.

I bought an olive drab fabric with light olive pin stripes and a coordinating modern polka dot for the secondary fabric.

We'll see how "easy" this pattern is. If all goes well, I'll have a new Easter dress I can wear Sunday. If not I'll have a smock I can paint in.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know it turned out great - so let's see the finished version.

Murray the Monkey said...

Need to see it on you! Come on, do a fashion show on the internet!