Monday, June 20, 2005

What happens at Happy Karaoke, stays at Happy Karaoke

So, I had a revelation this past Sat. night. I discovered that I am doing a great injustice to this world if I continue repressing my true purpose in life. I'm destine to become one of the worlds greatest karaoke singers. The song in me can keep silent no longer.

The music beast awoke in me as I discovered private karaoke singing rooms. These rooms are the truest test of friendship one can endure. If you can make it in the trenches of this small, echo filled, tambourine equipped room, well then you've made your self a friend.

And the awards go to:

Matthew - MVP (Dude you can kill a song but the passion pulls you though every time -rrragh)
Sunny - Best New Artist (You have the pitch of Norah Jones, you can carry a tune through a pile of hot coals)
Brian - Most karaoke-man like behavior (that's until you threaten to wrap the mic cord around Matthew's neck)

If I abandon my job, I can be found in booth 8 in a bright orange building on the east side of the city - just listen for the echo of Sade's "Smooth Operator"


P1010273

P1010274

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna dust off the ol' Karen Carpenter, Anne Murray, and Patty Page records. I've gotta get ready for next time. Move over Beyonce', Elvis may have left the building but Bec-yonce' is in the HOUSE!!

Kara0303 said...

Fun Fun Fun! Need a back up singer? I'll gladly quit my job to sing back-up karaoke! Du-wop Du-wop!

EunSun Alexander said...

Girl, I've had so much fun that night. I now remember why I was so addicted to Karaoke in high school. Just remember... that I have perfect songs to play on your future wedding day. Wouldn't that be wonderful? :)

EunSun Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EunSun Alexander said...

Just one more thing. This night was so worth it. When else am I going to hear Brian say "Ass"? I've got some good music to play on his wedding too. (whenever that may be) Be scared, Brian. be scared.

Sarah said...

Ahh, Karaoke! Why is it that you, Tiff, are the only one I have ever done Karaoke with? Great memories!